Saturday, February 5, 2022

0000 0000 1000 0111

Will Ferrules be OK? (yes)

Lately I have been seeing a lot (A LOT!) of videos about "proper" connections. It's amazing that for years you might only rarely hear of a particular technical word like FERRULE, and then suddenly you can't watch a day of YouTube without it cropping up all over the place!

The one that spurred me into action was a lovely video (as always) from Great Scott, and indeed I have suffered some problems associated with dodgy soldered joints. Thus I put in an order and waited.

After the usual Pandelay I received a bunch of ferrules and a crimper, and so I am starting to replace some earlier compromised connections with these little fellas to increase the life and the stability of the devices on which they rely.



No comments:

Post a Comment