Saturday, October 1, 2022

0000 0000 1010 1001

Three for the price of one!

I follow PCBWay on Twitter (@PCBWayOfficial), in part because they follow and support me (@peckmaths)!

A few months ago I saw the following piece of information floating down the information superhighway on one of their posts:


Taste The Code (https://www.tastethecode.com/) had designed an extra tasty Arduino Uno shield that allowed piggybacking of three ATTiny85 chips for simultaneous programming.

It's seemed like an intriguing idea which I'd only seen before in nature.

I ordered the PCB (PCBWay made it easy to order from their site) by following the links and instructions on the blog, and soon had the boards in my hands.

Normally I would do a mailbag video when a package arrives, and then come back to the PCB at some later stage, but these boards looked so nice I wanted to jump straight in and see if it worked.

It was a very straight forward process to solder up the board with a ZIF socket and a couple of other bits and pieces.

There was a bit of crowding on the back of the shield (see possums above), but in the end the board worked fine and the video below shows both ATTiny85s and also ATTiny13s able to be programmed up fine, three at a time! That's a win for me and definitely a win for Taste The Code.



No comments:

Post a Comment