Friday, September 23, 2022

0000 0000 1010 1000

Cooking up a PCB

I have used a cheap oven to reflow solder before, but I was curious if I could use a simple hotplate to attach annoyingly small SMD components to a simple PCB.

Despite the appalling application of solder paste it seemed to work OK!

I do not store my solder paste in a fridge, but full disclosure I do live in a fridge known as Tasmania, so the paste did what it was supposed to do after some heat tickling.

A proper person would do the whole solder temperature ramp profile adherence - but this was a quick and dirty test of the temp rating of the hotplate and also a "proof of concept" experiment should I wish to take this method any further.


If you are looking to do SMD soldering the easy way, including ham-fisted solder paste application - check out this video!



No comments:

Post a Comment