Friday, April 15, 2022

0000 0000 1001 0001

Inline through-hole fuses

For some reason I cannot remember (isn't that always the way) I ordered a series of inline through-hole fuses that look like little inductors:

I suppose that they could be used in the lab PSU project - maybe on the output to each voltage (3.3V, 5V, 12V and variable) - so that if there is a short circuit or runaway current somewhere that somehow gets past the switching power regulator (ZK-4KX) then these little guys will throw themselves in front of the ruling monarch burn out and save the day.


So this week in the circuit I test a few to destruction for the good of Science and my amusement. There are a few more in the bin than you get to see me destroy in the video below - it was a bit of fun (who doesn't love magic smoke) but now I need to order a few more!


No comments:

Post a Comment