Saturday, August 21, 2021

0000 0000 0110 1111

PSU V - final

“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.”
Frank Herbert

All good things must come to an end, and in my case the long running PSU project is now complete:

1. PSU I (LM2596 switching regulator IC)
2. PSU II (LM7805 linear regulator IC)
3. PSU III (LM338 linear regulator IC)
4. PSU IV (BS170 mosfet)

In this instalment, all that is left to do is to wire up each voltage module (3.3V, 5V, 12V and the variable output), print out a nice box to house the project, and do some testing to make sure it all works fine.




I've already experienced regrets over some of the design choices I have made for this PSU and so I hope that the next version will benefit from this hindsight.

I'll leave it a year or so to make sure that this prototype has been properly tested and evaluated on site before whipping up the next version.

It's been a fun project, one of those that results in a very useful and much needed device. You'll probably see it on the bench in future videos and blogs for some time to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment