Saturday, February 29, 2020

0000 0000 0010 0100

ATmega8A-16AU AVR Microcontroller

A couple of blogs ago I went big with the ATmega128A, but this week some ATmega8A-16AU chips arrived and I thought I'd test them to see if the AliExpress vendor "KELI Store" has good AVR mojo. 


Like the ATmega128A ICs, this chip requires some upfront soldering to make it useful. I have, for some unknown reason, two sizes of QFP32 to DIP adapters, one wider than the other. Both versions are "interesting" to program as I had to solder up a homemade version using this circuit as a guide.


The core to program the chips comes from MCUdude and just works - nice! The resultant PCBs are breadboard friendly and easy programmable.

What use all of these chips I'm not so sure - I guess in the end I think of it as research into my preferred AVR - which rests at the moment on the wonderfully useful Attiny13A and the Atmega88A (more on this little guy for a later blog).






No comments:

Post a Comment