Saturday, December 14, 2019

0000 0000 0001 1001

Your own PCB (part III)

Once the prototyping and testing for the 555 timer based signal generator is complete, it is time to choose the preferred software to design the PCB and output Gerber files for manufacturing. I've tried a few different options including KiCad and Eagle PCB, but have gone back repeatedly to EasyEDA which works for me. I have made a lot of mistakes on this software - but after a few trials it is a pretty simple interface to use.

There are some great video tutorials online so I am not going to do a step by step build of the circuit. If you really need that support, try the following:

  1. Great Scott "From Idea to Schematic to PCB - How to do it easily!"
  2. Mick Make "#184 Making a PCB using EasyEDA. // Review"
  3. Electronoobs "EasyEDA Full TUTORIAL + Create Component + TIPS"
  4. Julian Illet "I Designed a Printed Circuit Board (PCB)"
  5. EasyEDA documents

For this post, I'm just going to show the EasyEDA interface with the components which are required for the 555 signal generator as discussed in "Your own PCB (part II)".

Next time I'll build the PCB online then after checking I'll submit it for manufacturing.


No comments:

Post a Comment