Cheap Bluetooth Speaker Set
Forever I've wanted to build a Bluetooth Speaker - they seem hideously expensive IRL (and recently I've had one fail on me) but the components seem fairly cheap, so I wanted to see if we are being ripped off by the retailers (spoiler alert: holy hell yes!)
It all started when I spied a TSA3110 module on AliExpress for about $2, and a similarly priced HW425 Bluetooth module/decoder.
I also had a few old (free) computers lying around so I grabbed an ATX breakout module which gives me the slightly underpowered +12V for the amplifier board and +5V for the Bluetooth board.
Also, you don't really need to buy speakers if you frequent (as I do) local recycling depots - what people throw out is scandalous, but also great for you and me! But I did splurge on two speakers which had great reviews and more than doubled the cost of the project. Good speakers are worth the search!
Anyhoo - this project resulted in a lovely sounding Bluetooth speaker which is a little butt ugly due to my complete lack of carpentry skills (see building montage), but I'm sure it will be a great addition to the lab for those long days/nights of soldering.


No comments:
Post a Comment