Friday, November 4, 2022

0000 0000 1010 1110

CD4049 Hex Inverter

I seemed to be cursed to "randomly" pick up hex inverters from the buckets and try to make unique circuits from them.

So far I have made an uninspiring but surprisingly popular blinker (CD4069), and a cool train crossing indicator (CD40106).

Fortunately I found another great circuit this time - using the CD4049.

The premise of the circuit is a "cupboard light" that uses minimal power until it is activated by a momentary switch, and then it shines only for a pre-determined amount of time.

It's a pretty cool idea and it worked really well, although the timing for the "on" part of the ciruit seemed a bit "off".

I didn't explore the discrepancy between calculated time and measured time - perhaps NOT tying down the other inputs caused the issue. Not that it was really a problem for me, I would just experimentally change the values until I had the time I needed.

I think a potentiometer for R1 might be "vary" useful to change these times as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment