Saturday, October 26, 2019

0000 0000 0001 0010

Push on Push off latching transistor circuit

Wouldn't it be nice to not have to have two buttons to switch on and then switch off or reset a circuit? So then you could use just one momentary button and when you push it the circuit turns on, and then pushing it again turns the circuit off. It's like getting something for nothing!

I really do not know why I am fascinated by these types of circuit, the pragmatist in me says that using a latching button or a microcontroller with an interrupt and a few lines of code would be way more practical and way less time consuming (er, and cheaper).

Anyway, after literally hours of searching online I built a couple of circuits which DID NOT work as advertised. They looked dodgy on either youtube or some ad-filled nonsense website and there was little or no explanation for the theory behind the circuits. Finally I found exactly what I was looking for on this wonderful website.

Not only did they have a working circuit diagram, but also a great explanation of all the reasoning behind why it worked - educational!


© https://www.edn.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment